When you are building a new home and need to choose a roof material, or when you are remodeling and are looking to upgrade your existing roof material, you may be researching the variety of different roof materials. There is a myriad of options from which to choose and they each come with their own unique advantages. One material you may not yet have considered, but certainly should, is metal. A metal roof is one of the best investments you can make in your home. Though a metal roof tends to be a larger investment, it provides a great return on that investment. Below are 5 reasons to choose a metal roof when building or remodeling your home.
5 Reasons to Invest in a Metal Roof
- A metal roof is far stronger than other roof materials. While it is lightweight, it can withstand a great deal from the outside elements. It can weather strong wind, rain, hail, falling branches, and other outside elements without rusting or corroding because it is weather-treated.
- A metal roof is one of the longest-lasting (if not the longest-lasting) roofing materials in which you can invest. In fact, when you invest in a metal roof you can expect that it will last as long as your home. A metal roof can provide 50+ years of excellent protection for your home.
- Because a metal roof is so durable and long-lasting, it is a great investment in your home’s overall value. While it tends to carry a larger up-front investment, it will last far longer than other roof materials which adds tremendous value to your home
- Energy Efficiency
- A metal roof reflects the sun and it’s UV rays which reduces how much your home is heated by the sun. Because of this, your home will stay cooler without using your air conditioner which improves your home’s energy efficiency.
- Fire Resistant
- Metal roof materials are non-flammable/non-combustable and are thus fire resistant. This is particularly beneficial if you live in a dry environment or one that is prone to wildfires because it will help protect your home from damage. Further, homes that can prove they have a greater fire resistance may have lower insurance rates because they are safer.